Re: [RTTY] Did OK accept Cabrillo last year?

To: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>,"'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Did OK accept Cabrillo last year?
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:37:44 -0500
Don Hill wrote: "There is some question as to whether or not a Cabrillo file
can be sent to the OK DX RTTY manager as an official file.  The rules do not
mention Cabrillo.  Did they accept Cabrillo last year?"

Even though I didn't participate, this particular reason had no bearing on
that, but if I had intended to participate, and known that Cabrillo wasn't
accepted, it would have adversely effected my intentions? As Cabrillo is
accepted by the majority of contest's, why some sponsors insist on their own
format, is a mystery to me? At the end of any contest, the last thing I need
is to "jump through a lot of hoops", just to submit my log? IMHO, contest
sponsors should make it a simple as possible, for all participants to submit
a log?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW