Re: [RTTY] Sending DE before a callsign

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sending DE before a callsign
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 11:00:39 -0600
On 12/31/05, WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net> wrote:

> Actually MM will highlight that also. It does not use Dons database however;
> it uses some sort of
> algorithm to detect what should be a callsign (1 or 2 letter prefixes, 2 or
> three letter suffixes, etc). It does a pretty good job

To me, this seems to be more dare I say it, ethical :-), than using a
look-up table.  It also catches callsigns that are not in the
databases.

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

"They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin