[RTTY] dashes be gone

To: "RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] dashes be gone
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:52:58 -0600
had a bit of fun in the RR
my usual s&p see if anybody can hear me.

I was aware that a lot less people were using reports were:
W9OL 599-TX-TX

saw a few W9OL 599-TX TX ect.

that worked also
I don't worry about a fraction of a second, not with my score.

I still would like to make one suggestion for next contest.
I don't hear so good. Consequently callsigns and reports tend to get mixed in
the noise
characters.

I put a CR & a (space) at the beginning of my buffer line and also a CR at the
end.

My thinking is...if I can barely copy them, they are more likely to have it
tough copying
me.
So if I try to get the exchange on a clean line and not starting at the window
edge, they
is more chance they will figure out who I am and what I sent.

I'm not a bean counter so those extra seconds won't matter to me, and actually
probable
more than balance out any repeats needed.

I did see one op who had multiple buffers. For the strong full copy stations he
sent:
W9OL 599 IL
and for the weaker stations he sent:
W9OL TU 599 IL IL DE BS7H K

To me, that would save a lot more time in the long run.

So what do you Pros think about this, what's the consensus?

A great oak is only a little nut that held it's ground.