Re: [RTTY] Fw: RE: NAQP RTTY on NCDXF Beacon]

To: cfmorris@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fw: RE: NAQP RTTY on NCDXF Beacon]
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:05:07 -0800
On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Charles Morrison, KI5XP, wrote:

 > How about we contact all of the radio manufacturers and have them put in an
 > exception that doesn't allow any HF rig to transmit +/- 750hz of 14.100?

Gosh...Charlie...that is a brilliant idea, OM, and I'm sure the folks at
the NCDXF would greatly appreciate it...as well as thousands of hams
Worldwide who make use of the beacons.

 > Seriously, I agree with John, get over it.  We have enough rules now.
 > What's next, we get lawyers to litigate because Eric was performing some
 > propagation tests and they were interrupted by a contest?  Get real.  If a
 > person transmits on that frequency, then shame on him, but we've got enough
 > rules.

You missed the point, Charlie.  This was not just about my propagation
testing.  The NCDXF beacon network is an extremely valuable service to the
ham radio at large...including the RTTY contesting community.

 > THIS IS A HOBBY!!!

Yup, and the NCDXF has made extensive contributions to our "Hobby" to make
it even more enjoyable (not to mention the thousands and thousands of
dollars in grants to DX-peditions which have included RTTY operations).  I
think the NCDXF and the beacon network deserves more respect from everyone
in the hobby...regardless of operating mode preference.

IMHO & 73...

Rick, K6VVA