Re: [RTTY] 756p2, rigblaster pro, mmtty

To: <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 756p2, rigblaster pro, mmtty
From: "Ian" <ik7565@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:39:42 -0500
Charlie - thanks for all the hints here!  I set jumper P16 to diagram #4 and
ran my COM2 (my one real serial port) to the RBPro's Serial A.  PTT is set
to 'COM2' and Radio Command is set to 'None' in MMTTY.  I am keying the rig
now FSK! Both PTT and CW lights are on steady and the FSK light shows
keying.  Some issues remain though.  My other com port on my laptop is a
USB-Serial Converter that sets up as COM5 - this goes to the RBPro Serial B.
MMTTY is very slow to transition from TX to RX after a macro completes. I
set the PTT timer to zero but didn't seem to help. Also set the Com-TXD/USB
setting to other selections but nothing improved.  The booklet for the
USB-Serial device says that it does not support 'interrupt transfer mode' -
maybe that's a problem. I also have a Belkin F5U103 serial adapter that is
suppose to be fb for RTTY but it won't install on my Windows 2000 laptop - I
get a 'function driver' error. I'm thinking about upgrading the OS to WinXP
- maybe that will get the Belkin going.  Anyhow I'm not reading the
freq/mode from the 756P2 through COM5 in my logging program (Win-EQF) either
- was fine via COM2.  The CI-V address is set to 64h in MMTTY.

73, Ian N8IK