Re: [RTTY] Active in the ARRL RTTY RU only?

To: RTTY Contest <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Active in the ARRL RTTY RU only?
From: Waldemar DK3VN <dk3vn@nexgo.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:54:54 +0100
Jeff Stai WK6I wrote:

> At 02:26 PM 1/11/2006, Waldemar DK3VN wrote:
> >what is the
> >reason for it, that so many US-stations are active in the ARRL RTTY Round-Up
> >only, but not in any other RTTY contest during the year?

> A couple years ago the ARRL added club competition to the RU, which I
> do believe has caused clubs to actively promote the event more to
> their memberships - I know this has quite strongly been the case for
> my contest club. Add the "activity encourages activity" effect and it
> goes from there.

That's what I believe also: The main reason is, that the ARRL has
added club competition to the RU. Let's hope, that a few of the HAM's,
who have participated in the RU for their first time, will participate
in other RTTY contests during the year also.

73 de Waldemar DK3VN
--
Check RWRL http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch/
TMC http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch/The_Makrothen_Contest/