Re: [RTTY] W6JOX

To: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>,"'N6OJ'" <n6oj@sbcglobal.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] W6JOX
From: "Van K7VS" <wa7fab@cdsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:31:30 -0800
Chuck was a good friend.  And first qso on rtty with Chuck was back in the
mid sixties. He has been active on rtty since then and probably before.  A
retire sheriff deputy from Santa Rosa.  Had somewhere in the neighborhood of
350 countries confirmed on rtty.  Maybe the highest total of anyone for rtty
counties.  He was very active on the W6FFC autostart rtty net back then on
3620.   Most of us ran TTL/2 terminal units and thru the good graces of
W6FFC (SK and airline pilot and electrical engineer and designer of the
modern terminal units thru the ST6 and major QST author). Chuck and I had
model 28KSR's back in the mid sixties.  Irv Hoff, W6FFC, somehow picked up
50 model 28KSR's in 1966 and one came to Oregon.  That was mine.  The rest
went to Irv's buddies in California.  Jeez, I'm getting old!  Anyway, god
bless Chuck.

Van, K7VS (formally WA7FAB and also XZ1A dxpedition member)