[RTTY] Questions on IC-718

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Questions on IC-718
From: MRBILL1953@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:40:16 EST
Greetings To All:

I have a question I'd like to run by all of you. I was talking with Don,
AA5AU or should I say asking him for advise and he suggested I post it on here.

After all...we have to very best on here, right!  :-)

Our club here in Troy is looking to purchased several new HF radio's for  use
at Field Day or for other emergency operations. We were looking at the Icom
IC-718 and the Yaesu FT-840. I was wondering if any of you had experience
with either of these radios, preferably under multi station setup like Field
Day
operation. We'll be using both SSB & Digital operations. I was really
concerned on how well the front ends would hold up. So far it looks like the
Icom
wins the battle but I'm waiting to hear from many of you.

Any/All suggestions would be greatly appreciate!

Thank You
Bill Eddy, NY2U