Re: [RTTY] thats very sad Gert

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] thats very sad Gert
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:48:45 -0600
On 1/25/06, Terry Gerdes <terry@ab5k.net> wrote:

> I find it very alarming that 66 percent of out ARRL officials do not use
> LOTW.

You're confusing two groups of individuals.  ARRL members vote for
Section Managers and Division Directors and Vice-Directors.  The Board
of Directors then decides who will be President/VP, etc (much like the
US Senate once elected the President).  They also decide who will be
*hired* as CxO.  I know it *seems* like K1ZZ is King of All Things
League-related, but he really isn't.  :-)

Nonetheless, it is interesting to see how many do not participate.  I
think identifying members of the DX- and Contest Advisory Committees
who don't participate (or who aren't good QSLers) would be much more
relevant than whether or not folks like Mary Hobart are in LoTW (give
her a break -- she wasn't even a ham until she was hired :-)

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

"They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin