Re: [RTTY] thats very sad Gert

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] thats very sad Gert
From: "Scott Schultz" <scottaschultz@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:40:03 -0600
From: "Terry Gerdes" <terry@ab5k.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:41 AM

> Hi all,
>
> I find it very alarming that 66 percent of out ARRL officials do not use
> LOTW.
> Even the ARRL Chief Technology Officer:  Paul Rinaldo, W4RI is not a LOTW
> user.
> Are these folks no longer hams?  Are they too busy?  Either way, perhaps
> they should not ne representing our interests at the League.  Here are the
> details:

There is one more person who won't be using LoTW, Sarah Dorsey. Remember
her? I didn't think so. On October 5, 2005, she became the first Membership
Director of the ARRL after 91 years. She, like Mary Hobart, was not a ham
when she went to work in Newington. A search of the ARRL web site shows her
name appearing only one time, in the 2005 Index of Articles in QST. Another
search of the ARRL web site shows a job opening - for Membership Manager.
Imagine that! Actually the job posting has been there for a couple of weeks
already. So after less than 90 days on the job, the mighty League is looking
for its second Membership Manager in 91 years! I guess someone forgot to
tell her why less than one fourth of US hams are members!