Re: [RTTY] thats very sad Gert

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] thats very sad Gert
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:45:35 -0600
Before we get too far off track and ramp up the "League bashing"... what's the
point if 66% of the officers don't use LOTW? You don't have all the facts.

Of those 66%, what percent are on the air? If the ham is not active, what's the
point of LOTW?

Of those 66%, what percent QSL the olde fashioned way, via the mail? What's the
point of LOTW?

Of those 66%, what percent are casual commuter VHF/UHF operators? What's the
point of LOTW?

What would the "acceptable" percentage of League officials using LOTW be
anyway? I don't think 33% is unrealistic out of the cross section of radio men.

As a matter of fact, 98.7% of all hams do not use 1296 MHz or above. And
surprisingly, 66% of all hams do not operate RTTY. Should all these
non-conformists be cast as not being fit to represent the broad interest of the
amateur radio community? Come on, what's the point?

I'm not defending the response from Frank, N2FF. But the reality of life is we
all set our priorities and obviously LOTW is not very high on his list. But to
take a broad brush and paint the other 66% officials as questionable in their
ability to represent the amateur radio community is disingenuous.

73 de Bob - K0RC

Message: 8