Re: [RTTY] Tips for contesting...

To: "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, <dave@nk7z.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Tips for contesting...
From: "Jay Bromley" <jayw5jay@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:18:36 -0600
Speaking of Don, AA5AU, sometimes I will just stop and listen to him work
stations.  This time I was listening to him on 40m and a station came back
to him that was not really in the contest, but Don took the time to coach
him through the whole exchange.  Talk about the rate dropping!!

In the past Don has helped me many times during a contest (not expected, but
he did), plus he even answer some email to get me on track right before or
even during the contest.  How does he do this?  It was fun to listen to him
and KI5XP battle it out once again, plus there was also a 4th area (sorry I
can't remember his call) station that was kicking some tail.  A couple of us
locally on 2m, enjoyed watching this like a football game on TV.  I am
always impressed with the big guns, but more impressed with them taking the
time to help us small guns.

Guys like Don, Jim, etc, seem to be so good they can compete at a high level
no matter what the odds.  I think it is brain power or maybe in the genes,
hi.  I still have fun helping them win.  :-)

I had a few problems on 75m this time, many thanks for everyone hanging in
there with me.   I love RTTY contesting, thanks Don and gang!!!!

73 de jay/w5jay..