[RTTY] CQWW RTTY 2005 -- Call for Plaque Sponsors and Pictures

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] CQWW RTTY 2005 -- Call for Plaque Sponsors and Pictures
From: "W6OTC" <w6otc@garlic.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 23:35:46 -0000
CQ WPX RTTY is almost here, February 11-12.  Last year we received 1,342
logs, a number only surpassed by the last CQWW RTTY in September 2005 which
received 1,361 logs.  The participation just keeps growing in the major RTTY
contests.  I expect that by the next solar flux peak we will be equal in
logs submitted to the SSB and CW WPX contest.

Don't forget that 3Y0X will likely be on the air from Peter I Island by
contest time, so the bands are likely to be pretty active.  Please watch out
for their split-frequency operations on CW.  They have said they will be on
3523, 7023, 14023, 21023, 28023, no doubt listening up.  So please be
careful when operating low on each band, particularly 40 meters where the
JA's must operate.  On RTTY, they have said they will be on 14084, 21102,
28092.  They will also be on the WARC bands but I am ignoring those
frequencies here because they do not affect the contest.  On RTTY, 20m and
30m will be their primary "go-to" bands.  While I doubt they will operate
RTTY during the contest, we should certainly be alert to their CW
operations. For more information, look at www.peterone.com .

Any of you with more pictures from last September's CQWW RTTY, please e-mail
them to me.

Before we go to press with the 2005 CQWW RTTY results, I am asking here
whether last year's plaque sponsors want to continue and/or new sponsors
want to begin a plaque sponsorship.  The price is $50.  Below is a list of
the 2004 sponsors:

SOH:
World--WA6BOB
NA--N6TQS
USA--W6RLL
Oceania--NH7C
Asia--KD6WW
Europe--W0ETC

SOL:
World--AA5AU
NA--W6RLL
USA--W0ETC
SA--N5KO
Canada--VE1OP
Europe--W1ZT

SOA:
World--AC6JT
SA--K9SZ

SO21:
World--KK5OQ

SO14:
World--N6TQS

SO7:
World--CQ Magazine
NA--W6DSQ

SO3.5:
World--K3NC
NA--N2WK

MS/H
World--K1TTT
USA--W0DC

MS/L
World--KP2N
NA--W6OTC

M2:
World--CQ Magazine
NA--N3NC
Oceania--K6AW

M/M--KA4RRU

Please e-mail me if you want to continue, discontinue or change your plaque
sponsorship, or if you want to sponsor a plaque for the first time.  For
those of you waiting for special-order plaques, those are in process and you
will receive them directly.

Good luck to all in the WPX Contest on Feb. 11-12.

73,
Glenn, W6OTC