[RTTY] Help me decide between two rigs

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Help me decide between two rigs
From: "ve2lx" <ve2lx@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 23:24:16 -0500
Dough
I readed your article ans so many others includung aa5au and I am still afraid
to sell my icom 765 and I could not so far really be sure to chose between my
three choice ( old ft 1000 D - ft 1000 mark V - icom 756 pro iii )

for the mark V it is the $$$ for extra filters  for narrow receive RTTY CW and
not the few problems issued on threads

for the 756 pro iii it is the lower IMD or possibility of lost of sensibility
and and the receive when use occasionnaly on rag chew and SSB contests

for the ft 1000 D may be the sound is not quite pleasant but it is selective
but very old tech but with particular filters kits it still could be one of the
best evn in rtty...?

I am actually mostly rtty contest user but soon next mounth i'll try to dig in
SSB contest for new tryal and since 2 weeks I start for the first time to
operate in CW contests and it is really a pleasure

Wishing to ear from you
which would be important for me

Gilles  ve2lx