Re: [RTTY] ARRL Move To 1807.500 KC

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL Move To 1807.500 KC
From: "Andy swiffin" <a.l.swiffin@dundee.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:47:51 +0000
> April 3rd, 2006. 1807.500 kc +/- 3 kc is a main and very active
> frequency
> slice for weak signal PSK31, MFSK16, OLIVIA MFSK and RTTY digital
> operations. W1AW operation there would wipe out this main meeting
> frequency
> and more.
>
> On 160 meters the ARRL band plan calls for digital modes between
> 1800-1810
> kc and CW between 1800-2000 kc, so it makes no sense to begin
operation
> on
> 1807.500 kc. If you do the math it's 10 kc for digital modes and 200
kc
> for
> CW.

I wondered why I never heard any digital from the US.  Has nobody ever
told you that the UK (and quite a few other europeans) can't operate
below 1810?

IARU region one bandplan puts digimodes 1838-1842.

Do you folks not want to talk to us folks?

BTW- I am hearing increasing european PSK activity around 1839 and even
some rtty.

73
Andy
Gm8oeg