[RTTY] Suburban Lot 160 Meter Antenna

To: "a RTTY COL eList" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Suburban Lot 160 Meter Antenna
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <flcyclone@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:57:29 -0500
> A lot of good, active RTTY ops have the opinion they >can't use 160 on
> their suburban lot and we need to show >them otherwise.

I'm on a 1/3 acre suburban lot and have a full size plus inverted L transmit
antenna and also an 8 foot diameter receive loop. I have websites published on
these antenna designs at

http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf52.htm and http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf40.htm

An 80 meter dipole shorted into a current fed tee vertical just won't cut it on
160 meters. You also need to run some power too like 400 watts.

Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Lakeland, FL, USA
Grid Square EL97AW
kn4lf@arrl.net