Re: [RTTY] 160 Band Plan/RTTY On 160

To: "'a RTTY COL eList'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160 Band Plan/RTTY On 160
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:34:43 -0500
Joe Subich, W4TV wrote: " If, after
extensive monitoring in multiple areas of the US by several experienced
operators, ARRL believed it was best to move W1AW to 1807.5 it should
have done so.  It should STILL DO SO as activity lower in the band is
much less that between 1815 and 1840."

Differences of opinions, are "what makes the world go around"!
As far as I can tell, the "move" has been postponed, for the time being? I
feel sure that the aforementioned "experienced" operators, will again, get
to voice their opinion? I also suspect that those "experienced" operators
operate CW/SSB, on 160, rather than digital? Therefore, IMHO, that makes
their opinion biased, and should not be considered?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW