Re: [RTTY] MixW on RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MixW on RTTY
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 18:19:02 -0500
"Peter Laws" <<mailto:plaws0%40gmail.com>plaws0@gmail.com> wrote:

>That's too bad.  MMTTY has a "RTTY engine" that *can* be used by other
>programs.  N1MM's Logger integrates MMTTY quite nicely and is also
>available at no charge (like MMTTY).

Actually it's not unreasonable or unexpected. MixW has a perfectly good
RTTY engine of its own - I often use it as a backup to the MMTTY/N1MM
combination, as it quite often does a better job of decoding than MMTTY,
depending on conditions, etc. So I don't see any particular advantage to
integrating MMTTY into MixW, and I don't suppose MixW's authors do either.

73,
Rich VE3IAY