Re: [RTTY] IC-765 250hz - FL101 in RTTY mode solved

To: <K7OX@MSN.COM>, <Rmintz@Rochester.rr.com>, <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] IC-765 250hz - FL101 in RTTY mode solved
From: <oyvind.ekhall@telenor.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:18:59 +0100
This doesent work with the IC765 Gary

I found the solution in a PDF document from Don, VE3HUR
http://www.qsl.net/icom/download/765_108.pdf

Using the 250 Hz second IF CW filter in RTTY mode

[From: Dave KD6TO]

This allows use of the 250 Hz second IF CW lter (FL-53A) in RTTY mode.

 Install the optional 250Hz lter according to the instructions (if not already

installed).

 Remove the covers to gain access to the Main Unit PCB.

 Take a 1SS133 diode or equivalent and solder the positive side to the positive

side of D42 (accessible at pin 15 of IC11) and the negative side to the negative

side of D39.

12

 Re-assemble and test.

The CW 250Hz pushbutton will now select the 250Hz lter in both CW and

RTTY modes.

Olaf, LB8IB