[RTTY] RE: MixW Software For RTTY Contesting

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] RE: MixW Software For RTTY Contesting
From: Brian Kassel <k7re@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:55:36 -0700
Tom:

MixW can be used for contesting, I have done it on occasion, but it is
difficult to set up IMHO.  After all, it was not designed to be contest
logging program primarily.  Also it lacks the features of N1MM Logger,
which  does have a learning curve, but not as steep as it may seem, as
there is great support on the Yahoo reflector that supports it.  I use
this program probably 90% of the time along with it's MMTTY plug in for
the RTTY mode.  I do a contest just about every weekend.  WriteLog has
terrible, if not nonexistent support as I understand it, from the
authors.  Their reflector may be batter than that though.

I would suggest trying N1MM, it is free, then if you don't like it, go
to something like WriteLog.

I have a program out there that works  with the N3FJP software suite
called K7RE RTTY.  It is shareware, and yes, I get 8 whole bucks if you
decide to keep it.  It is designed for BASIC contest use, no frills,
just to get folks involved with RTTY contesting.  This program may well be too
basic for you. Set up is straight
forward.

http://members.mato.com/bkassel/K7RERTTY.html

Brian K7RE