Re: [RTTY] I resolved this about MK-8-IC cable on OPC-599 for IC706

To: "'Bill Turner'" <dezrat@copper.net>,"'Stein Roar Brobakken & LA6FJA/KI4KJP'" <s-roabr@online.no>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] I resolved this about MK-8-IC cable on OPC-599 for IC706
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <W4TV@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:24:12 -0500
Bill,

Heil clearly states the HC and GM microphones will not work with
the IC-706 which was Rag's question.  See:
http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/icom_fix.htm  and note:

 > The IC 706 will NOT work well with our HC or GM elements, as
 > the 706 is short on mic preamp gain, so you need to solve the
 > low audio problem with one of the new Heil "iC" products.

A blocking capacitor and dynamic element work just fine with the
"Pro" series radios that have microphone preamplifier gains comparable
to the radios from Yaesu, Kenwood, and Ten-Tec designed for dynamic
mics.  However, the older Icom radios still require a Heil "iC"
series (electret) mic element.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV