Re: [RTTY] WRITELOG - NEED HELP!

To: cfmorris@bellsouth.net, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WRITELOG - NEED HELP!
From: Andrei Nevis <v49a@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:39:47 -0800 (PST)
Charlie,
  To be honest, I checked all Baud Rates but I never tried AUTO Mode.
  I will try nonight and follow your instructions.
  Hope this will resolve my problem.
  Thank you very much.
  73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D

Charles Morrison <cfmorris@bellsouth.net> wrote:
  Andrei,

By default the Icom's set the baud rate for CIV to auto. If you turn on the
radio and the first program you start has a baud rate set at 9600bps, then
exit that program and enter another program with the baud rate set at say,
4800bps or 19.2kbps, the radio will not reset itself to the new program. I
had the same problem with mine, whereby Writelog was set for 9600bps, but
AcLog was set for 19.2kbps. Get into one and it essentially "set" the radio
to that baud rate and the only way to reset it was to power off the radio
and power it back on.

The fix for the entire problem was to set the radio at a static rate,
9600bps should be fine, this is set in the menu on the radio. Then go into
all of your programs and set them to statically use the same baud rate,
9600pbs. Removing the autobaud setting on the radio fixed my problem. No
more confusion. To test, power off the radio while Writelog is open and
then power it back on. See if it finds the frequency and mode then. If so,
it's a baud rate mismatch.

Charlie
KI5XP