[RTTY] Level Playing Field ?

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Level Playing Field ?
From: Graham <graham@m5aav.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:29:46 -0000
Come, come my friends. There is no such thing.

Interestingly, almost the same discussion is going on another group.

Over here, as most know, we are limited to 400 watts output.
A limit which is of course strictly adhered to by all contesters on any
mode, if the rules allow it [1], so we will never be able to 'fight'
against anyone whose 'legal limit' is 1kW plus.

Of course, some of us just enjoy being Radio Amateurs, dabbling where we
can in contests,hoping that some of those big guys actually have
receivers [2] and can hear, in my case 10watts to what purports to be a
dipole.

73, and keep smiling
Graham M5AAV

[1] I understand that all these 2kw plus Amps which are sold over here,
are just for resting one's feet on during long hot contests and never
plugged in.

[2] Something I very much doubt at times.

--
Graham Ridgeway M5AAV
www.m5aav.org.uk

All M5's are invited to join: