Re: [RTTY] Not to beat the SO2R horse...

To: <dezrat@copper.net>, "Jeff Stai" <jds@twistedoak.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Not to beat the SO2R horse...
From: "Jack West" <w7ld@theriver.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:47:40 -0700
Hi Bill,

The geography thing is so true.  When it comes to DX, here in the Northwest
we call
ourselves "The Suffering 7's" due to our northern lattitude.  Propagation
from here
certainly is not as good as it is from Arizona or Southern California, and
it is a very
long distance to Europe over that pole.

Years ago, I used to blame those "California Kilowatts" but now I know it
just
geography.

Knowing this, I take on a mind set to try to beat last year's score and see
how I
did against local competitors in my area.

Ham radio is a wonderful hobby and a great freedom.

51 years of continuous activity here... I still dream of owning an ampliier
and
 a tower higher than 33 feet.

73
de Jack / W7LD / "Lucky Dog"