Re: [RTTY] Not to beat the SO2R horse

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Not to beat the SO2R horse
From: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 13:32:28 -0400
Bill makes a lot of sense with this. Look, the only policing that
really works is 'self-policing.' The concept of this not being
enforcable is a joke. No rule can really be enforced even if
someone designs to blatently cheat. They only cheat themselves.

A contest should be for enjoyment. Perhaps we should have an SO1R
'enjoyment' class. No quatas, no racing, maybe even a ragchew or
two! That's the way I remember contesting, not the non-stop
agressive obsessive 'Q' rate.

Phil Sussman
Clayton, Ohio