Re: [RTTY] silent majority

To: RTTY List <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] silent majority
From: YL2KF <yl2kf@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:51:06 +0300
NJ4F wrote:

>re are just too many different variations of station setups to have a level
>field for each of us.
>Let's have fun!
>Dave, NJ4F

Hello ,
totally agree with Dave , the same feeling after days of discussion.
Just to add - contest is competition : human and technical tools . If
someone find out
some years ago that two radios is this secret weapon to increase result
- nice . It was not
against contest rules. Person who looking to top 10
level will anyway tray to increase his techincal potency - better
antenna, rig and etc. and
plus get some leasson from every contest. We like to stop progress or not ?
 Next can be restriction to transmitt in to two antennas or using two rx
antennas
and so on.   Some years ago I was started to use two radios in RTTY
contests, the
reason - to beat big stations say from Finland or Ukraine. I was
oriented to top, to win, and now
what ? Now using one radio and simple tribander but still have a fun,
sometime more fun
from small pile-up run for 10-15 minutes :-)
The question is how to get now  real "fair play" - fake entering with
1500 w
as low power or 2 radios in 1 radio section and so on. Some contest results
quite much depend from Your location , say Cyprus (asia) or Greece
(europe). Nonsence to
get equal game field for all of us.
Anyway , lets have fun from this game and 73

YL2KF / Vilnis