Re: [RTTY] Be Careful What You Ask For ...

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Be Careful What You Ask For ...
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:38:16 -0500
W4TV wrote:

> If SO2R is such an overwhelming advantage, how did you score ahead
> of K4GMH?

We already discussed "one data point" does not constitute a finding.

But I did spent part of today analyzing the latest 3830 NAQP RTTY claimed
scores. I will forward my Excel spreadsheet to anyone interested in
reviewing
the calculations and conclusions.

I analyzed the Top-10, the Top-20, and the Top-30 station statistics that
were reported. In all three analysis:

1) the SOnR stations averaged 17.7 to 21.3 percent more QSO's
2) the SOnR stations averaged 5.9 to 6.6 percent more multipliers
3) the SOnR stations averaged 25.6 to 30.6 percent more gain in score

Conclusion: SOnR stations have a scoring advantage over SO1R stations.
For this particular contest it is not the 40% advantage that was being
suggested, but I think 25% of *anything* should be considered significant.

These are the facts for 2006 NAQP RTTY. I'll run the numbers on other
contests as we proceed into the contest season. With a larger sample, over
time, the trend will reveal itself with hard facts, not rhetoric.

73 de Bob - K0RC