Re: [RTTY] Be Careful What You Ask For ...

To: RTTY Reflector <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Be Careful What You Ask For ...
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:04:05 -0700
On Jul 24, 2006, at 7:27 AM, Jay ws7i wrote:

> Now here is a guy who understands contesting.  Guess I'll have to
> make a run to Lousinana again.  Best food and drinking at a M/M I
> have ever had.

When Walt AH6OZ was over at my QTH during ARRL Roundup a couple of
years ago, we must have spent more time eating, drinking and visiting
electronics stores than operating multi-two as W7/AH6OZ.

There we were, two guys sharing a single barefoot radio with some
wires and verticals and being outgunned by the SOLPs, but we sure had
a ball.

The only 807s in the shack were the kind with liquid in it.

Oh yeah, we had each used separate programs too (one running on
Walt's laptop and one running on the shack's Macintosh).   He'd used
FSK, I use AFSK.  After the contest was over, Walt had to merge in
the handful of QSOs that I'd made.

73
Chen, W7AY