Re: [RTTY] How to handle a pileup on RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] How to handle a pileup on RTTY
From: "NJ4F" <nj4f@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:33:08 -0400
I only have one request: give your call occasionally. I like to have the call
right before I respond.  At least every other call.  I am a little hard of
hearing, and sometimes in phone contests I am listening to a station for 15
minutes before they give their call, and then they say it soo fast, so I still
miss it. Use phonetics.  To me, the letters, B, C, D, E, G, P, T, V, and Z are
very hard to distinquish.  Thats why my phone contest scores are so small, and
that's why I prefer the digital modes.  In some RTTY contests, I have skipped
some stations, because it seems they never give their call.
Dave, NJ4F