[RTTY] SO2R, small lot?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] SO2R, small lot?
From: <montemerlo@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:08:13 -0500 (CDT)
Whats the problem at 100Watts.....

My lot is 50x150 feet. A 60 foot tower with an M2 Log Periodic is house
attached in back. 50 feet from it on a hill is a vertical SteppIR. The end of
the LPA is about 20 feet from the top of the vertical. Both cover 10-40 meters.
But the trick is in the polarization. One vertical and one horizontal.

Using ICE bandpass filter we run Multi Two out of here with no problems. SO2R
is even less of a problem.

I'm not implying anything to the SO1R/SO2R discussion but it amazing what you
can do with a little space.
I have 'zero' RF feedback issues but also have a complete perimeter gound
system around the house.

I have run 1000 Watts on one radio/ 100Watts on the other SO2R. Have not tried
power on both however. Wouldn't give me much more for the expense.

73 Bob KB1JZU