Re: [RTTY] 4U1UN

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 4U1UN
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:12:36 -0400
Art Searle W2NRA wrote: "I was chasing 4U1UN today on 20m RTTY.  With every
spot I tuned to the freq and nothing there.  I did eventually find him
calling CQ on 14094.6.  He said up 1 to 2.  I called him up 1 and 95.6.  He
came to me on 95.6 and I finished the exchange on that frequency simplex.
That probably explains why I couldn't find him
on any of the spots.  My point to this post is I worked him because I'm dual
receive RTTY.  Just thought I'd tout dual receive RTTY again."

I would say that this had far more to do with the inability of the 4U1UN
operator to  listen where he said he would be listening, than "dual receive
RTTY"? Why would he move to your frequency, instead of continuing to operate
split?
IMHO, if a station indicates their QSX frequency, that is where they should
listen, not on their own transmit frequency?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW