Re: [RTTY] Fwd: [digitalradio] RTTY Hall of Shame

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fwd: [digitalradio] RTTY Hall of Shame
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:40:29 -0400 (EDT)
C'mon guys.  It IS the beacon frequency, and they ARE useful.  They'd even
be useful to a contester in a contest if the frequency were free, and
if you had either automated monitoring, or another pair of ears.

Denying they're there or claiming they are useless is totally
non-productive.  It only shows your own ignorance, and that's the shame.

Blaming and shaming, is however, NOT the way to educate anyone,
either.

I'd like to see them acknowledged in all the contest rules,
personally, and I avoid them when operating (but I'm not perfect, and
if there's a new station there, I'll work 'em).

73, doug

   Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:10:38 -0500
   From: John Becker <w0jab@big-river.net>

   Has anyone ever copied a beacon on 14,100 ? ? ?
   I don't recall doing so in my 35 years as a ham.
   That may be the shame of the whole deal