Re: [RTTY] Fwd: [digitalradio] RTTY Hall of Shame

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fwd: [digitalradio] RTTY Hall of Shame
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:41:21 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:10:38 -0500, John Becker <w0jab@big-river.net>
 wrote:

>Has anyone ever copied a beacon on 14,100 ? ? ?
>I don't recall doing so in my 35 years as a ham.
>That may be the shame of the whole deal

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

I use them all the time, but I don't see their frequency as sacred.

Anybody, including you, me or the IARU can set up a band plan. Only if
it is adopted by the FCC or your country's equivalent does it become
enforceable.

How about this scenario:

Station A listens on 14.100 and hears nothing.
Station A sends QRL? a couple of times and receives no response.
Station A calls CQ and shortly thereafter is jammed by a beacon.

Which station is at fault?

Bill, W6WRT