Re: [RTTY] Fwd: [digitalradio] RTTY Hall of Shame

To: "Michael Keane K1MK" <k1mk@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fwd: [digitalradio] RTTY Hall of Shame
From: "Anthony Brooks" <wm3t@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:50:00 -0400

> How long do we think KQ6XA had to sit on 14.100 monitoring with a
> RTTY decoder to come up with her list of 17 calls? Nothing better to
> do... like operate? Complaints are one thing, playing band plan
> policewoman is something else.
>
> 73,
> Mike K1MK
>
> Michael Keane K1MK
> k1mk@alum.mit.edu

I was on 14.100.4 from 2005-2341z Saturday.  Had I known/remembered about
this beacon stuff, I would have been on a different frequency.  What bothers
me about this whole thing of the "Hall of Shame" is the public forum that it
posted in.  A simple email to me Saturday would have been suffice to get me
to move, not the deliberate QRM'ing and trying to tell me something from the
other side of the country when I am beaming to EU, because I simply ignore
it.  My email address is not a secret, it's on my QRZ profile!  This email
address though is for testing purposes.  Also, how can you be a "repeat
offender" per the list when I was there for 3.5 hours, wouldn't that be
considered one offense, technically?

I have been doing some thinking about this over the last couple of days and
have come to a couple conclusions:

1.)  The beacon network is important, and I will be considerate of it in the
future by not transmitting from 14099.4 to 14100.6.
2.)  People take this hobby WAY too seriously.  It is a HOBBY and you should
be considerate of other people, bash them to their face (direct email)
instead in a public forum!
3.)  If I was causing interference to the beacons, what is their
justification for sending RTTY to me for 1/2 hour trying to get me to move?
(I would love an answer to that one.)  Were they not causing just as much
interference by calling me from a different geographical region?
4.)  Again, how did the arbitrary 17 stations get listed and why was I
listed first?

I guess life has one thing on us, we never see it coming...

73 de
Anthony, WM3T