Re: [RTTY] WF1B and "too many prefixes"

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] WF1B and "too many prefixes"
From: "ws7i" <ws7i@ewarg.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:48:41 -0700
From: Michael Keane K1MK <k1mk@alum.mit.edu>
Date:  Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:38:01 -0400

Ray GPL'd the last versions of WF1B so the Pascal source code for WF1B's
COUNTRY utility (as well as the rest of WF1B package) is available. Should be a
simple enough change for anyone who still has with a DOS Pascal complier laying
around.

As they say in the sports world, "Not so fast my friend".  The problem is that
the library's that Ray used aren't GPL'd so this is an impossible task unless
you have his library's.  He released it so you could have the source to use in
making something new.

I would say its high time to retire the old stuff and move on to a newer
platform for RTTY.  There are reason's why software evolves.  You're right its
not just a country issue.

Jay