Re: [RTTY] Thanks to the 3C0M Op.

To: <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>,"'RTTY Contesting'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Thanks to the 3C0M Op.
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:49:30 -0500
Congrats Dick.  There's a lot of good things to be said about this operator.
I've had the opportunity to sit and watch this guy for
hours while I do other work on the computer.  I just can't believe he's new to
RTTY.

He's doing a great service to RTTY operators by spending as much time as he
does on RTTY.  3C0 was ranked 13th rarest entity in 2005
and rated 9th rarest from North America.

I vividly remember working the 3C0V operation on RTTY in 2003 (gee, has it been
that long?).  It was one of the most difficult new
ones I'd ever worked.  Their frequency changed every time they transmitted.  So
as I called I had to keep my hand on the VFO and
quickly tune them in when they transmitted.  The rate was one QSO every 5 or
more minutes.  And they were very weak, it was 15
meters.

So hats off to Elmo.  Send him some money with your QSL!

For results of the 2005 Most Needed Entities on RTTY, go to:

http://aa5au.com/rttysurvey_2005_results.html

VU7 is coming up in December and it's ranked #2 rarest on RTTY second only to
BS7 which has never been activated on RTTY that I know
of.  It should be interesting to see how well they do (and yes I need it too).

73, Don AA5AU