[RTTY] RTTY and ROUTER

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY and ROUTER
From: "Ed Magnuson" <w1mag@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 10:58:15 -0500
I am running about 70 watts on RTTY to a rooftop vertical six stories above my
ham shack. I have a low pass filter in line. Yet my RF seems to be blowing
something in a Linksys router used for a home wireless network. It has happened
three times and so far each has been replaced without charge. (It did not
happen with an older Dell Truemobile router).

Has anyone had a similar experience and found a solution? I wonder what the
minimal distance between rig (an Omni V) and the router in my shack might be to
avoid this? The RF does not affect my Dell Inspiron laptop or the cable modem
for DSL. The Linksys routers that have failed are wireless-G model WRT54gs.

Any ideas?

Ed