Re: [RTTY] 160m TARA RTTY Melee

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160m TARA RTTY Melee
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:10:08 -0500
"Although I enjoy RTTY contests very much, you won't find me on 160m in the
TARA event. But you will find me on CW."

I agree, completely. Attempting RTTY, during ARRL 160 meter contest, in the
"band plan window", 1800-1810, would, IMHO, do nothing less than create
hostility between the two groups? Even without the 160 meter contest, I'm
not convinced of:
1) There are not sufficient, efficient, myself included, 160 meter antenna's
to sustain any resemblance of rate?
2) If there are sufficient, efficient, myself not included, 160 meter
antenna's, is 10 KHz enough space to accommodate them?

Unless this is "soliciting contacts, prior to the contest", y'all will find
me on CW also!  :-)

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW