[RTTY] 80m RTTY freqs.

To: "rtty list " <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 80m RTTY freqs.
From: IronmanY2k <IronmanY2K@triathlete.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 11:32:42 -0800
I have had some discussion of what freq to use for RTTY on 80meters.  With the
new FCC rules, US hams cannot operate digital modes above 3.600Mhz.  My basic
plan of operating is to start high in the band and tune downward.  So I will
start at about 3.599 Mhz and tune down from there.

The digital suband for 80m is 3.570-3.600.  The usual PSK31 portion is the
bottom of the digital band so it should be 3.700Mhz but all the PSK31 I hear is
still on 3.580Mhz.  Probably because a lot of ops are using a Warbler, which is
rock-bound of 3.580Mhz.

This information is from the ARRL website:
ARRL issues RTTY Round-Up advisory (Jan 2, 2007) -- The ARRL RTTY Round-Up
takes place January 6-7. During this operating event, radio amateurs worldwide
exchange QSO information using Baudot RTTY, ASCII, AMTOR, PSK31, and packet
(attended operation only) on 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meters. Any station may
work any other station. The recent realignment of frequency allocations on 80
meters, effective December 15, 2006, means that RTTY and digital operation is
restricted to frequencies below 3.600 MHz. At this time the ARRL Contest Branch
offers no specific guidance to participants regarding which frequencies to use
on 80 meters, although the 3.590 MHz DX "window" for the Americas remains in
place. The League urges RTTY Round-Up participants operating elsewhere in the
band to be considerate of other stations and activities and to avoid
interfering with them.

http://www.arrl.org/?artid=7079

73 es cu this weekend
Jim, AD6WL