[RTTY] New contesters

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] New contesters
From: "Jay Bromley" <jayw5jay@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:35:01 -0600
Was it me or did anyone else notice all the new ops even towards the end of
the contest?  Even more impressive, they seemed to be old hands at RTTY
contesting.  Congrats to all of them!  I down-loaded Don's RTTY data file
before I started the WPX, many times I would look up and see nothing in the
partial.  Looks like many new ops giving RTTY a shot for the first time.

I couldn't believe how good 80m was the first night.  Like always I played
here and there when I could.  In the last year with just a dipole I make a
few contacts for fun and quit.  After a few runs I was kicking myself for
not staying in the contest more!

I can't believe this is the bottom of the solar cycle!

Thanks for everyone working my peanut whistle station!

73 de w5jay/jay..