Re: [RTTY] need some help

To: "'Inbody, Donald S'" <inbody@austin.utexas.edu>,"'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] need some help
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:40:51 -0500
In fact, most radios except Icom assume that Mark is "FSK Input
Open" (or FSK Input High) which is consistent with the logic
state "1."

However, since most terminal units and FSK interfaces use a
transistor or opto isolator fed from the hardware UART (serial
port) - the high at the output of the UART on Mark is inverted
by the interface!  In order to accommodate the inversion by
the output device in the Terminal Unit/Interface, all Yaesu
and Kenwood radios need the appropriate menu item (or DIP switch
in older radios) set to "reverse" in order to transmit "right
side up."

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America