Re: [RTTY] need some help

To: john <w8wej@citynet.net>,"'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] need some help
From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu@iowadsl.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:21:48 -0600
Welcome to Kenworld! I use a 570, so the menu item may be different.
On my 570 the menu item is names "key-down polarity for fsk mode" and
it needs to be "on" or I will transmit upside down. The menu item may
have a different title. But it seems like all the Kenwoods have this
setup issue.

At 05:35 PM 2/11/2007, john wrote:
>I am running a ts850sat, into a alpha pa amp, using writelog, and mtty
>runing fsk..
>the problem is that I copy ok, but transmit  upside down...
>in mtty the lsb is really fsk is checked...
>going reverse, means I do not copy but my transmit signal is ok
>I am at loss as  to what happened, the night previous on 40, things
>started locking up in transmit--If I went barefoot , no lockup..   I did
>do a reset on the 850-if this is related,, I just do not know--
>can anyone give me some insight on this..
>\thanks  john w8wej

Jim Rhodes K0XU
jim@rhodesend.net

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.