[RTTY] WPX 2007

To: rtty contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WPX 2007
From: Fabi Bertolotto <ve2fbd@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:54:00 -0500
Hello rtty freaks,
fabulous contest in terms of both participation and cndx, let's not forget we
are in the low low part of the cycle although it didn't seem so this past
weekend. Nice to see so many new stations well trained and skilled too.
Where is everybody during the week?? More everyday rtty activity would be nice
too, just to keep things going and the bands more alive.  In the WPX my goal
was of course to beat last year's result and proud to say that has been done.
Easier task than expected I guess since cndx where vy acceptable and lots more
contestants on the air.
Hard to find a clear spot for the runs but still managed a few good ones. SO2R
played a major roll in this one I must admit, especially on 15M on which I
could constantly run during the day while S&P or run on 20M.  Still lacking
good antenna system on 40 & 80M  but we live in the city and that's all we can
afford right now. If I had the room to put up some of the antennas I make I'd
be a happy camper I tell you.  Already asked Santa many times for that winning
lottery ticket...still waiting! Is this Santa business for real??
Tnx for the fun, adrenaline and friendship. Tnx CQ and the guys for making all
of this possible and giving everybody the chance to get away from it all for at
least 48hrs. I will see u in the next one unless someone decides to get on the
keyboard during the week...sometimes. My congratulations to all hard working
ops who tried their best to keep up with the big guys out there. I have never
seen so many big scores on the air. Hats off guys.

Low points in op. techniques: 1)do no put QRZ at the end of the macro if
S&P...please; 2) do work those dupes especially if Paolo says it's ok to do so
B4 the contest ; 3) do not send rst along with your call when S&P just bcse the
running station sounds strong (i.e.  DE VA2UP VA2UP 599 045 045 ) just follow
the regular routine; 4) do send your exchange at leat twice even if ur vy
confident ur the strongest sigs on the band...propagation plays some bad tricks
on everybody ...sometimes. I have seen Mike K4GMH going from 50 over to S2 in a
matter of minutes here.
No other complaints. Just casual remarks mind you...  Feel free to address any
comments on my own odd op. techniques, all will be welcome. Again thnaks all
and sweet dreams!
73,   Fabi

       CQWPXRTTY Score Summary Sheet      Start Date : 2007-02-10
CallSign Used : VA2UP
           Operator(s) : VE2FBD            Band : ALL            Power : LOW
        Mode : RTTY            Default Exchange : 001            Name : Fabi
Bertolotto            Contest Group du Quebec
http://cgq.online-montreal.com/         Software: N1MM Logger V7.1.4
Band    QSOs    Pts  WPX         3.5     123     540   70           7     167
  770   79          14     653    1649  292          21     167     418   60
   Total    1110    3377  501           Score : 1,691,877