Re: [RTTY] CQ QRM

To: 'RTTY' <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ QRM
From: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:04:12 +0000
Bill Turner wrote:
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 22:06:20 -0600, "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
wrote: W2QO was having a QSO with W1ZQ on about 1809 when he was QRMed
by a CW "ditter."  Though I'm disappointed, I'm not really surprised.
RTTY is in the ARRL band plan, but that doesn't mean we'll be accepted
very well there.

I've had the same experience several times. So much for the
"gentleman's band".
73, Bill W6WRT

Although the "ditter" was undoubtedly displaying poor manners, Bill
and Jim's comments are appropriate to the situation.

So, who takes the blame? The ARRL for putting RTTY on 160 so low in
the band. We can solve our own problems by simply ignoring the band
plan and go to traditional frequencies from 1.8 up.

73
Ed