Re: [RTTY] RTTY presentation to radio club...

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY presentation to radio club...
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:19:43 -0600
Thanks Bill - and others,

I've been getting some great ideas and materials rolling in... please keep them
coming... I've got about a hundred slides created that follows the 100+ year
history of TTY technology. That may sound "over the top", but be aware 2/3's of
those slides provide transitions, animation, video, and audio... you know
"shock and awe"! The "raw" outline is contained within 30 slides or so.

Bill's suggestion for a handout sheet is a great idea. I don't have the handout
completed yet. I've got plenty of RTTY internet links "for additional
information", but one area I could use some feedback is the "You will find RTTY
stations here."

I do a lot of contesting so I'm familiar with the traditional bands, but I'm
not sure where fellows "hang out" on other bands. For instance, 160m, 30m, 17m,
and what if 12m ever opened up??? There was also some recent talk about 50.300
+/- during 6 meter contests. And I know there used to be AFSK activity on 2
meters here in the Twin Cities about 25 years ago. I haven't heard of this
recently.

So... your experiences, comments, ideas and suggestions are still solicited!
And THANKS in advance!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 5