Re: [RTTY] 2007 RTTY Contesting Survey Results

To: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 2007 RTTY Contesting Survey Results
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 07:29:57 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 11:23:25 -0600, "Don Hill AA5AU"
 <aa5au@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>1. N1MM Logger has grown into a very popular program for RTTY Contesting.  I
>believe there are two reasons for this - it's free and
>it uses the MMTTY engine that allows EXTFSK if needed.

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

I think N1MM handles macros better too. You don't need the separate
F-Keys program because that functionality is built in, but the main
thing I like about it is the ESM (Enter Sends Macro) function. ESM
knows where you are in the exchange, either run or s&p, and by
pressing the enter key, sends the correct macro. You really have to
try this to appreciate the convenience!

On the down side, N1MM is buggy compared to WriteLog. The bugs are
fixed quickly, but often the bug fix breaks something else which was
working ok. Because of this, I don't install every update that comes
out unless it has a fix that I really need. The version I'm using now
is many months old and works fine so far.

73, Bill W6WRT