Re: [RTTY] RTTY TopList question

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY TopList question
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:52:26 -0400
Hi Gang,

I hope this list is interesting.  Some people have way too much free
time on their hands (including me :-)

A few issues have been raised.  If you feel strongly enough about one
of these issues, please let me know your opinion privately or via the
reflector.

1.  Should all digital modes be allowed?  ARRL DXCC rules state,
"Baudot, ASCII, AMTOR and packet count as RTTY."  If so, I'll have to
figure out how to get the word out to the other digital reflectors
(none of which I subscribe to).

2.  Should the totals include only confirmed entities, or worked entities?

3.  Should there be a sub-total that does NOT include the new bands
(30/17/12m)?  What about 160m and/or 6m?

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us