[RTTY] UP 1

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] UP 1
From: "Tom Martin" <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:55:01 -0500
I find that when a station listens just up 1-2, in spite of my 500Hz filter,
the DX station can be wiped out by adjacent signals and key clicks.  With the
available bandwidth on 30 CW in particular, why not listen up 2-5, or just up?
On 15 meters, in my area, they could listen up 1-50 KHz!  I don't even hear the
stations calling.  N8S, was barely heard at my QTH on 15, and was listening
over a very wide area.

On another note,  it was interesting to read K1ZZ's column in the last issue of
QST.  "No frequency will be assigned for the exclusive use of any station"  per
FCC Rules.  So, I assume that W1AW's code practice and bulletin frequencies can
be "stomped on" at will.  Also, all nets had better watch out during future
contests.  Of course, we should all be gentlepersons and allow for established
frequencies.  Yet, I can't see W1AW moving a few KHz if a station has occupied
one of their frequencies before their scheduled time on the air.

Tom W8JWN

It has removed 1864 spam emails to date.