[RTTY] GU0SUP SP RVG SOALP

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP SP RVG SOALP
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 18:28:07 +0100
Hi all,

Oh boy! Hard work or what? Conditions at the start seemed to be OK, though
not great, but I worked ZL, W, VE, CX, so it seemed to be reasonable enough.
However, 15m was a joke, and 10m didn't open at all for me, despite the
numerous spots on the cluster.

At one point in the afternoon, I had a real ball CQ'ing, and had a great run
going for a while, got spotted several times, and it was going great. Then a
UT station came and sat about 100Hz up from me, and just about killed my
run. It went from around 70/h down to around 30/h. Moving was the only
option.
I had to break for tea, and after that, I went back to the shack, only to
find the bands almost dead! 20m had closed completely, and there were only 2
audible stations on 40m, both of which I had worked, and 80m was totally
missing any RTTY stations. And that was it for the night.

When I got up on Sunday morning, I wondered if the contest had finished
early, as there were so few stations around. Tried 40m, and worked
everything I could hear, which didn't take long, and tried 20m, but there
were only a few stations around. A heavy thunderstorm didn't help around
0900 either!
In the end, the last few hours of the contest were real poor, with not many
stations added to the log.

Only missed ONE province! Where was L?
And great to see EK, 6W and EX taking part, as well as many SP's.

Thanks to all for the points, and the repeats, which seemed to be necessary
a lot of the time!
My log is already on LoTW, but paper cards are always welcomed.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP