[RTTY] Extra Comports board

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Extra Comports board
From: K0BX <jduerbusch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 00:42:09 +0000
I am setting up an XP machine for one of my Ham buddies, W0TT, it is an
E-Machine 900 MHZ.  It has one comport and one printer port.

He wanted rigcontrol on com1, rttyFSK on the next comport and
Rotorcontrol on the 3rd comport.  CW Keying on the printer port.

Being cheap, I found the following:
a PCI 2 port Serial card for $16.99 which I bought

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2930516&sku=B200-1086

Later I found that for a dollar more, I could of gotten 2 Port Serial
and a extra printer port.  $17.99

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2930517&CatId=512

I put the card in the computer, XP found it, I used the CD that came
with the card for XP to find the drives and all is well.  Both comport
installed, no problems and they work!!

The review on TigerDirect says the guy used it on Windows VISTA without
any problem.

I know there are other boards on E-bay a bit cheaper, but since I have
dealt with TigerDirect many times, I thought it was worth the extra $ to
order from them.  BTW, shipping was 2 days after order.

This is just a FYI note.  But my 4 port com board bought a few years ago
was $80.00!

Joe K0BX

--
Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk)